Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Area
Timerack is looking for Technical Writer. The Technical Writer will create and revise technical documents such as manuals, reports, training guides. Your gift is taking technical speak and making easily consumable for the specific audience such as customers, devs and stakeholders. Timerack is driven by 3 tenets: Listen, Adapt and Serve. If these words resonate with you let’s talk.
- Writes and edits technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
- Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Determines the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meets with engineers, programmers, and project managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Researches product samples to fully understand product.
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Creates or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gathers feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, or related field required.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently.
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, ever changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work from a place of empathy and patience, both internally and externally
- Must be coachable, willing to learn, and grow
- Strong collaboration and cooperation skills
- Confident and comfortable to share ideas and perspectives up stream