How to Approve Time Off Requests
By Adam Day
March 31, 2021
Time & Attendance How-To Guide: Approving Time Off Requests
Navigate to the Timecard tab
Located at the top of the screen, more specifically, the Time Off Request tab is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
All time off requests submitted by employees will auto-populate in this section.
Managers can approve/deny or partially approve time off requests by selecting the desired option from the drop-down menu in the Status field.
For partially approved time off requests, managers can modify the hours and enter comments with the reason for partial approval (ex: Employee only has a balance of 4 hours of leave but requested 8 hours.)
- Managers have the ability to view the employee’s leave balance before approving.
- Time off hours already populated on an employee’s timecard for the current pay period cannot be edited here. Managers must edit the timecard from the Timecard screen.
Show Time Off Calendar
Opens the Time Off Calendar in a new window. (Please Note: Ensure your computer’s pop-up blocker is deactivated.)
- The calendar reflects all approved requests (in green), pending requests (in red) and denied requests (in blue).
- Users have the ability to search the calendar by month and year by selecting the desired month/year from the drop-down menu fields or by clicking the left/right green arrow buttons to scroll by month/year.
- Printing the Time Off Calendar – Users can print the Time Off Calendar for reference purposes, distribution, or posting in common areas by clicking the green Printer icon.
Receiving Time Off Requests Via Email Notifcation
Navigate to the Settings tab located at the top of the screen>>General tab on the left-hand side of the screen>>Time Off Request subtab.
Select users to receive email notifcations when employees submit time off requests by checking the box next to the appropriate person