Time & Attendance Software Solutions: Cloud vs. On-Premise | Timerack
August 28, 2017
While many time and attendance solutions are now cloud-based, sales of time and attendance software, such as Novatime sold at Costco, has a degree of popularity.
Which is better for your organization? What are the advantages of cloud T&A vs. on-premise software? Read on to find out.
Also referred to as software as a service (SaaS) and hosted, cloud time and attendance software offers many advantages:
- No software implementation, upgrades or time needed from your IT team
- Employees can access your T&A system from anywhere, without VPN and from any device if responsively designed
- Tend to have a more modern look with greater ease-of-use
- More of what younger / Millennial employees expect to use
- Modest monthly expense vs. capital expenditure
- SSAE 16 and now SSAE 18 audits ensure the highest levels of security and strength of process
- No long-term commitments or annual software maintenance costs
With cloud time and attendance software, additional modules may be made available with just the click of a button.
For example, Timerack’s HR module offers benefits & insurance tracking, expense reporting & reimbursement, workers’ comp claims, employee performance reviews, and much more – if you want it, and when you want it.