Most common questions.
Missing the occasional time punch is not necessarily a dire issue... but it can be.
Missed punches lead to payroll errors, meaning your employees don't get paid correctly. What can you or your time and attendance system do about it?
A lot, if you have the right system.
Rolling with the Punches
Timerack's web-based time and attendance system helps you avoid missed punches with proactive alerts notifying you that a punch is missing so that management can manually correct it without delay.
Modifying existing time records sounds like a slippery slope, but Timerack provides peace of mind with our built-in security feature: change logs track any changes made to a time card and show you who made them.
As an added benefit, you can avoid overtime costs by scheduling a window that allows employees to clock in at a specific time according to their schedules. This lock-out feature is helpful if you have a large workforce to manage. Rounding rules apply as well, which are particularly important for California employers.
Time Punch Workflow
Timerack's standard time punch workflow is accomplished in three key steps:
- Employee punches in to start their day with Timerack via our cloud-based system, mobile app or a physical time clock hardware
- If you need to track additional information like locations, departments or job codes, TR365 allows an employee to select one of these options at the time of punch-in
- An employee clocks out, creating a time pair with their first punch
- A supervisor doesn't need to edit a time card unless something is missing
- If either a punch-in or punch-out is missing, a supervisor will be notified via an alert or on our at-a-glance dashboard and can remedy missing punches
- Employees and supervisors review and approve time cards once corrections have been made
- Time cards are ready to submit to payroll
Missing an Entire Day of Punches Due to a Holiday?
Timerack's customizable holiday policy and time-off requests automatically populate employee time cards for both salaried and hourly employees without the need for separate tracking. Awesome!